What is C B D?
C B D is the acronym for canabidiol, an active chemical compound found in the canabis plant of all varieties, specifically: indica, sativa and ruderalis. Cannabis can grow into hemp or marijuana, depending on the active ingredient THC, or terahydrocannabinol, found in the plant. Hemp is defined as having less than 0.03% THC wt% content (by dry weight), Marijuana has greater than 0.03% THC. All Organic Petbrands products are derived from Hemp and not marijuana.Our products are THC free.
Benefits of CBD
There are many benefits to CBD including help with anxiety and stress, it’s been known to act as an anti-inflammatory for muscles and joints. It also boosts appetites and provides nausea relief. CBD helps dogs and people with arthritis relief, improves cardiovascular health and helps with sleep. We encourage you to read more about this amazing compound.
What is CBD Isolate?
Our premium CBD isolate follows the API Manufacturing Guidelines under the Good Manufacturing Practice to ensure zero-THC, an important requirement for dogs. The CBD isolate manufacturing process, roughly, is as follows:
- Acquisition of high CBD hemp biomass or hemp flower
- Drying, processing and decarboxylation of hemp biomass (results ideally in 10%+ CBD content)
- Extraction of CBD Oil from hemp (results in 50%+ CBD Hemp Extract)
- Refinement of CBD oil to remove contaminants (results in 60%+ Refined CBD Oil)
- Distillation of refined CBD oil to concentrate CBD (results in 80%+ CBD Distillate)
- Chromatography to purify CBD from distillate (results in 99%+ CBD Isolate)
- Crystallization of CBD to further purify (results in 99.5%+ CBD API Manufacture under GMP)